LACAI is a multi-disciplinary organization conducting advanced research in natural language processing and computational sociolinguistics.
LACAI Research areas, including but not limited to:
- Computational social science, behavior modeling, social media, and serious games.
- Information representation, retrieval, summarization, linking and fusion.
- Human-computer interaction, question-answering and spoken dialogue modelling.
- Socio-behavioral computing, group dynamics, information diffusion.
- Computational ethnography, large-scale socio-cognitive models, influence operations.
- Multilingual and translingual information processing.
- Information quality and reliability, information forensics
- User studies and usability testing
- Computer applications for national security and homeland defense